Wednesday, January 27, 2010

If I had a penny

If I had a penny for every time someone told me, that since reading my blog, they thought I should write a book, I’d have a nickel, maybe a dime, if I think long and hard.  Clearly I am not writing this blog for the money or fame. 

What am I in it for?  Three hundred posts ago, I thought I was just in this for the fun of it.  Jumping on an “up and coming” bandwagon and using a bit of the creative side of my brain, I thought I’d write a few funny things about what my then toddler’s life was all about.  Wow.  For the most part that is true.  I love the creative outlet this blog has provided me.  On some of my longest days with the kids, I sit down at the end of the day and find myself smiling at one small part of the day.  Finding a way to write about it makes the day behind me seem a little bit brighter.  What I had no idea would happen is how the story of our lives was created with each post that was written.  The big milestones; potty training, landing that big job, Oklahoma, or the birth of our second daughter; this place holds so many memories that will forever live on in my heart and won’t ever be forgotten. 

The little things. Those that may have been forgotten with the busy-ness of our day to day life or the craziness of raising kids, are the things that I am most glad I took the time to write down, thus being able to remember them forever.  Brent and I just watched the Fricket video.  I laughed.  I cried.   I cannot believe how fast time has gone by.  After almost two years of this blog writing stuff, and realizing that time stands still for no one, I am so thankful for taking the time to remember the little things.  A few of my Mallory favorites:  Growing up Fast, Building a snow-woman with Grandpa, and Learning the Days of the Week.

301 posts down.  I wonder how many more I have left… 

2 comments:

aslavik said...

Publish (for yourself) your blog into a book at blurb.com!

Aaron Mathison said...

One thing as a database guy I would recommend that you back up your blog someway/somehow and make sure you can view the backup on your personal computer, when off-line. Then send copies to various email accounts (yours/brent's,mallory's), write to a CD, online file storage, etc.. so you have copies in multiple locations.

I believe this should be possible, considering my google search on the topic: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=how+to+back+up+a+blogger+blog&sourceid=navclient-ff&rlz=1B3GGGL_enUS323US323&ie=UTF-8

That way if somehow Blogger losses data, or your account is hacked etc... you still have your memories (and hard work) saved somewhere else, other than with Blogger.

Now that I think of it, I'm going to go figure out how to do this on my own blog!