Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I'm 29--I am too young for this!!!

Lately Mallory has been really into pretend play with her baby elephant. She totes her elephant wherever we go and is completely engrossed in play with the elephant for a big chunk of the day. We take the elephant on walks and she even used some of her piggy bank money to buy her baby a much "needed" pretend potty for her elephant to practice being a big girl. Normally when Mallory invites me to play with her and elephant I am lucky enough to be the daddy.

Today I reached a new low. We were playing outside, and of course, elephant was along as well. Mallory brought her elephant up to me and said "Ok baby, I will only be gone for a few minutes. You can stay here with your grandma." She placed her elephant in my lap and she told me if her baby cries to call her right away and off she ran.

I sat with my mouth wide open... 29 years old and being called a grandma. What a day.

1 comment:

Tom, Jaime, Kendra said...

That gave me a great laugh!