Thursday, August 28, 2008

More Fair fun!

Mallory, my parents, and I headed to the Fair today. We figured the rain was over, which it almost was, and headed out hoping to beat the crowds and enjoy the morning. Mallory was REALLY excited about the "Fair" even though she had no idea what it was all about. We hyped up the food (mainly cookies), animals, rides and other fun stuff...she was thrilled once we actually got to the grounds. We tried lots of typical fair foods. She ate all of them with smiles, except the pronto pup which she was not interested in. Her favorite seemed to be sitting on the rock eating chocolate dairy barn ice cream with her Grandpa.

We went to the Kidway just for Mallory which was a big hit (sort of a rip off, but fun nonetheless). A trip to the fair for this mom, doesn't come without some sort of lesson learned or milestone accomplished. Mallory has been to Camp Snoopy a few times and been on your occasional Carousel but she has never been big enough to go by herself. I always have to ride along. This ride proclaimed "THIS RIDE IS FOR CHILDREN ONLY" Fearless, Mallory strolled right up the hairy looking Carnival worker and gave her tickets to him. I helped buckle her into the hot pink and green car she picked out and then I had to walk back outside of the gates and let her go. Hormonal I might be, but this choked me up a bit. She rode around as proud as she was waving, honking her car horn, steering her wheel. I sat back and couldn't believe it. Now there has to be other moms out there that have experienced this, that could back me up. In fact, I saw another mom put her little girl on a ride and nearly did the same thing. She handed her daughter over to the Carnival worker, then ran over hugged her husband and then started snapping pictures--so I know I am not alone with this milestone.



We also went into the Butterfly Garden. I've never done this before and wasn't sure what to expect. This was amazing! You could pick up all these butterflies, hold them, put them on your clothes, oh and hope that you don't roll over any of the butterflies that are on the ground with your stroller. Mallory wasn't too sure at first, but warmed up to the idea of putting one on her shoulder. One even flew and landed on Gary's head before we left. This experience was worth the money...



Of course, we had to go down the big yellow slide. Loved it--me that is, well Mallory too.

All in all a great day at the fair! A few local celebrity sightings but that is for another day...oooohhhh I can just see you all wondering what TV personality we saw and talked to...

No comments: