Sunday, April 3, 2011

Happy Blog Anniversary!

 

My three year blogging anniversary was on Saturday.  Three years!  That seems like a long time.  To date, I have written 478 posts.  To me, that means I have forever remembered almost 475 memories for my children.  A handful of the posts have nothing to do with my children, little do with me, and are completely irrelevant to parenting, but for the most part this story I have written is a true vision of what goes on inside my home. 

From day one, this blog has provided an outlet for myself that I never knew I needed. The creativity, the pictures I take (just to remember) and the writing that I sit down to do at the end of the day, puts an end to my day and helps me reflect. 

My mom was, and continues to, struggle with dementia.  I deal with the forgotten names, memories, and moments each time I visit her.  I fear the day that I won’t remember the small things that happened in my children’s lives.  My grandma wrote in a diary every day for as long as I can remember.  She had them lined up on a book shelf in chronological order. She wrote the year with a gold marker on the binding of the small unlocked book.  When she died I was given the diaries from 1979 and 1981.  I have kept them close as to read about her days gives me comfort and makes me feel like a little bit of her fire still burns along side of me.  She wrote about the weather, what she did during her retired days, and my favorite part, what she ate that day… I know that she gave me a Strawberry Shortcake dress and a baby doll for my 2nd birthday.  I also know that she called me, on several occasions, her red headed little dolly. 

With the hopes of providing my family a diary with gold binding, I continue on.  I can’t wait to see what year three to four brings to the Eid household.  If you are an avid reader you know that it will most likely bring sibling rivalry, terrible two’s, Kindergarten, a checked out controller(!), and a wife/mother/woman who sits down at the end of the night to write it all down with the hopes of never forgetting a single minute.

No comments: