Thursday, March 31, 2011

Learning to let go: The Series

This was how you spruced yourself up for a dinner party with your great friend Sophie.  I am cringing less and smiling more when you come upstairs in a completely unique outfit.  Your personality shines most on those days and your smile is everlasting. 

P1080600

I am also learning to let go as you have told me several times you want to grow your hair long.  When you told me you promised not to complain about snarls and that you would sit still during blow dry's, I made a deal and we have started the process.  It is bitter sweet watching your hair get a little bit longer each month.  Mallory, a kindergartener with long hair, I can’t even imagine what that day will look like.  I best start preparing because it is only 5 (very) short months away.

No comments: