Thursday, April 2, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

Well I've been a blogger for an entire year. That is right today is the one year anniversary of the blog. Honestly, it sort of feels like it has been longer than a year...is that a good thing or a bad thing? The year has brought lots of fun, real, a few painful, and some memorable posts. I had no idea I would enjoy the outlet that this place gives me as much as I do.

On a different note, Brent comes home for a visit in 8 days-next Friday. Good lord I can't even begin to tell you all how much I miss him. He will have been gone 8 weeks since his last visit, just over 13 weeks total. I am so glad we got this long stretch over with because after he is home for the weekend, he heads back to Oklahoma for 4 short weeks and then is home for good. I find myself not dwelling too much on the numbers because when I think about this almost being over, then I start thinking about the homecoming and the finality of this whole process. It makes me weak in the knees and gives me the ability to becoming a blubbering, crying fool at the thought of having him home for good. I will try and save the "happy" tears for when I see that silver Taurus turning into the driveway, never driving 800 miles away from us for 18 weeks, ever again.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I was thinking this morning how much I miss Brent too and having you guys over! Can't imagine how you feel and can't wait until he's back for good and THEN can't wait until you move back by us. Good times ahead!