Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Food Tastes Good!!!

FINALLY! I haven't blogged too much about the pregnancy as I didn't want to seem like a downer. The first trimester is so hard! I never really felt fully like myself and food was merely a means to the end of the nauseousness. I woke up last Friday morning feeling really good. I gingerly went through my day trying to stay on top of my eating, just waiting for the wave of nausea to come over me. It never did. "A miracle!" I thought to myself--brace yourself for Saturday. Saturday, same thing. I even woke up thinking about what I wanted for breakfast. Since I was at the Jovle's I thought *maybe* my chances of strawberry pancakes were a bit greater, but alas, I stuck to my piece of toast and a pop tart. Then lunch at my in-laws was sounding better and better as the morning went on.

So here I am on day 6 of feeling like a new woman! Food tastes good!!! I can guzzle ice water!!Ugh, it was a long 7 weeks, but I made it to the other side. My new favorite food this week (besides the candy coated cadbury eggs) is V8's Broccoli Soup. As Mallory would say "De-licious!" I think I might have a post here and there with my new favorites. Yum...

I have also decided (after a few comments from others) that my stomach may have popped a bit in the last few days. In fact, Gary even said "Holy smokes, that wasn't there 2 days ago!" I think the "grandparents" will enjoy watching this process grow...

Oh and some other great news! My friend Amy told me last week that if I ever needed to go to Sam's Club that she would be happy to take me. Seeing as I wasn't feeling the best, I didn't really think much of it. Until today. KING SIZE BAG OF CADBURY EGGS. Five solid pounds of them. I told Amy to count me in on a trip to Sam's as soon as they come out with the Easter Candy. I think I will call tomorrow and see when the first shipment arrives :)

2 comments:

Kristen said...

sorry no full service at the Jovles. :) We should do a breakfast date. Strawberry pancakes sound really good to me too!

Amanda Jean said...

So glad you're able to enjoy food again!

You better post a billion and seven pregnancy pictures, you do realize that right?

And you're allowed to be a downer, sometimes :)