Saturday, January 24, 2009

47 Odd Questions

Yes, this is one of those email surveys. However, this one is fun because its odd questions not the typical "what's your favorite color, song etc.." Brent's aunt sent it to me, and I found out some really fun things that I never knew about her. So, I thought I would force you all to learn some things about me that you may not have known. Enjoy or come back another day :)
1. Do you like blue cheese? Only with buffalo wings
2. Have you ever smoked cigarettes? Never--hmm I feel sort of self conscious about that one...am I sort of nerdy???
3. Do you own a gun? nope
4. What flavor Kool Aid was your favorite? I hate kool-aid
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointment? Not really
6. What do you think of hot dogs? Nothing better than a burnt hot dog. It doesn't matter if it's from a campfire, grill or stove top-burnt is best :)
7. Favorite Christmas movie? I would have to say Elf. "Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?" Love that movie.
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Ice water-juice gives me heartburn
9. Can you do push ups? If my life depended on it, yes I could. Would Jillian and Bob consider them a true push-up probably not.
10. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? The ring my grandma gave my sister and I. She split apart her wedding and engagement ring and made two beautiful rings and gave them to us as wedding gifts. Wearing it is like wearing a memory of my lovely grandma.
11. Your favorite hobby? Blogging--no just kidding, probably reading a good book. Lately I don't really feel like I have time for a true hobby. Maybe when the kids are older...
12. Do you have A.D.D.? Shout out to Aunt Pam "if it stands for Absolutely Delightful Disposition.....Yes"
13. What's one trait you dislike about yourself? I would like to live in the here and now vs jumping to what life will be like in xxx amount of months.
14. Middle name? Marie
15. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment? I wish Mallory would play in the fort I built vs walking around looking bored. I hope my cookies aren't too crunchy. What's for lunch???
16. Current hate right now? The 800 miles between my husband and us.
17. Favorite place to be? Sandy lake at sunset
18. How did you bring in the new year? Let me start by saying I was 10 weeks pregnant. I rang in the New Year sleeping. I shuffled to the bathroom in the middle of the night, for one of my many stops and mumbled "happy new year". This year I wouldn't have wanted it any different.
19. Where would you like to go? Yukon, Oklahoma
20. Name three people who will complete this? This is question is sort of irrelevant, but if you want to comment or copy and email this feel free.
21. Do you own slippers? Nope
22. What shirt are you wearing? My blue St. Pete's Beach sweatshirt and navy blue yogas. 24. Can you whistle? Yup, I just tried and I've still got it
25. Would you be a pirate? No because the three foot that I live with says Arrrgggg Matey and pretends to be a pirate all the time. What does that leave me to be? The parrot of course.
26. What songs do you sing in the shower? Whatever is on my mind. And we all know that once I start singing in the shower, I truly believe that I could be the next American Idol.
27. Favorite girl's name? Mallory, of course. Addison, Madeline, Mikayla.
28. Favorite boy's name? This is a tougher one....I'm not sure
29. What's in your pocket right now? A Kleenex.
30. Last thing that made you laugh? Reading some of Pam's answers to this survey (Like Pam's answer to number 41 was my mother-in-law singing Bye Bye Bye and doing the dance moves along with it. Oh I'm still laughing thinking about that.)
31. Best bed sheets as a child? The Sesame Street ones--even though I think they were Kate's, sometimes they ended up on my bed and I loved it.
32. Worst injury you've ever had? One time I was riding on the back of Kristen's bike and we went down too big of a hill (young and stupid) and we wiped out. It hurt. Also ranked right up there would have to be the unforgettable injuries after giving birth. Those we don't care to reminisce about because those memories will be felt again in the not too distant future.
33. Do you love where you live? Let's see, tread softly. We are very fortunate to be able to live as nicely as we do currently. However, I will LOVE living with my husband and child(ren) in the near future all by ourselves.
34. How many TVs do you have in your house? We own 2 and my parents own another 2
**Not sure where 35 went...hmmm***
36. How many dogs do you have? One. Lucy, who is sleeping in the small sliver of sunlight under my feet as we speak :)
37. Does someone have a crush on you? I would sure hope so ;)
38. What is your favorite book? The Jennifer Weiner series ranked right up there.
39. What is your favorite candy? Let's all answer together... "Mini Chocolate Eggs, by Cadbury
40. Favorite Sports Team? Go Vikings!
41. What song do you want played at your funeral? Wow. Deep. I think I would like on Eagle's Wings, Amazing Grace--the version sung by LeAnn Rimes where she does it acapella. 42. When did you cry last? Two days ago, just missing my hubby.
43. Do you like to get your hands dirty? I have a three year old, I have no choice. I also love digging in the garden.
44. Favorite relative? Oh come on, unfair question.
45. Are you a cat or dog person? Dog for sure. The cute cuddly kind.
46. Favorite place in your house? In this house, it has always been on the love seat with a fire blazing in the fireplace. Nothing spells "NAP" like that recipe.
46. Strangest childhood memory? My family went on a trip to Disney Land when I was 4. We went to this clown/rodeo show. When we were walking in I was holding my dad's hand and this character dressed as Charlie Chaplin came up and motioned to my dad that he wanted to take my hand. My dad let go of my hand and this Clown Charlie guy grabbed it. We walked around and when I realized it wasn't my dad's hand I cried and the crowd laughed. Sad. My parents traumatized me, they really did.
47. What weird food do you enjoy? I don't know if I like anything super weird. But I did eat Chicken for nine days straight--just realized this yesterday. I thought it might not be the greatest for the baby, nor do I want to birth a baby chick, so yesterday I did not eat chicken. I think I might break today...I love my pollo.

2 comments:

Amanda Jean said...

I found myself laughing out loud at your comment about being self-conscious about not having smoked cigarettes. I must say, that had to be the first time I heard that statement coming out of an adult.

Don't worry, I think once you get past 15, not having smoked cigarettes becomes cool, rather than nerdy.

And on a side note, that statement reminded me of a pin my sister had stuck into her car ceiling. It said "I was a loser before losers were cool."

It's quite complicated, really...

Alright, I'm about to go off on a very long tangent about the subject and pollute your blog, simply because I am tired and trying to keep myself awake until this miniature human's parental units arrive to take said miniature human back home...SO, I'm going to save you the trauma of reading any more of this endless babbling and end it (is that possible? Ending endless babbling, I mean...oxymoronic at the very least).

Post.Script.-I e-mailed you back a long time ago...did you get it, or did I sent another e-mail to the wrong person?

Kristen said...

sorry that riding on the back on my bike was a little traumatic. At least you didn't get stars put on the back of your shirt. :)