Saturday, September 13, 2008

Vests. They keep your trunk warm.

Confession Time: While shopping for my daughter at "Once Upon A Child" I saw a super cute puffy vest in my size. So I bought it. I felt sort of weird while all the other moms were shopping for their kids, I was trying on a vest and in turn loving it. Anyways, pride swallowed I scored a great deal on a cute fall vest (for $5.50--almost brand new Gap vest). Now, I love vests. They came into style ("again" probably but the first time for me) in college. I owned a few. Confess again, still own the same ones. I never really put vests out of style. I don't wear them very often, but I still love the layered look of a puffy vest every once in awhile...is this a bad thing?

While shopping on Saturday I saw a lot vests.
Are they back in style? Are they nerdy?

Kate and I were talking about the practicality of vests and found it very funny. Vests are not something that you say "brrrrr I am FREEZING. I am going to get my vest." They don't keep your arms warm, aren't long enough to keep your butt warm (which was a must with any winter coat that my sister and I got growing up). So then Kate decided that if your arms are warm but your trunk is cold then you should grab your vest. "Vests, they keep your trunk warm."
Here is me and my steal of a deal vest.
Imagine me saying "Boy is my trunk warm."

No comments: