Saturday, September 13, 2008

Gary was out of town for the last few days with some of his old college buddies so Kate came over to stay with us to help with Pat. Mallory is in love with Kate. She becomes her shadow and doesn't leave her side unless asked to.

We hung out the past few nights and went shopping today. I realized that shopping--the kind of shopping where you really want/need to find something is not that much fun with a 2.5 year old. Mallory wants to touch EVERYTHING she sees--including the bras and underwear in the lingerie section. She instantly knew to hide under and wiggle through the racks of clothes. It was a semi-frustrating morning as we were trying to keep her within reach and from annoying the other customers.

Although not nearly as relaxing as I had anticipated, the shopping trip was a success. My 10 year high school reunion is coming up in a few weeks (gasp! I didn't know she was THAT old), so I wanted to find something new to wear. Kate and I called the mission to find a new shirt the "I've got IT even more than I did 10 years ago". This means I didn't want a shirt that screamed "she tried WAY too hard" or the opposite extreme "didn't she wear that shirt in high school??" Mission was accomplished and you can all be the judge of this shirt once the reunion is over and pictures are posted.

Exciting news for Sunday to come! The Jovle's invited us to go to the Vikings game! Whoop Whoop!

No comments: