Sunday, July 27, 2008

Weekend update...

With no pictures :( Booo! We had a great weekend...however I forgot my camera at the cabin so I have no pictures to prove it. Oh well.

Our weekend started early because Brent did not have school! He wanted to go to the zoo and see the new bear exhibit. Through the pouring rain and the too close to look at lightening and thunder, we marched on to see the animals. I handled the stroller while Brent handled the camera--anyone remember the dolphin experience? Twenty two pictures later we left the bear exhibit. Well worth it and Brent took tons of "great" action shots (once again thank goodness for my super excitable husband and digital cameras). We then headed down to Farmington so Brent could pick up some work from the center. For those of you who don't know Farmington is where the Air Traffic Control Center is located where Brent will be working. It was fun to see where he will be controlling the airways :) Friday night we left Mallory at home with grandpa and grandma and headed out! We went out to dinner with Jovle's and the Moehring's, and then headed over to the Jovle's to play a mean game of Pictionary. It was a very very funny game and you should check out Kristen's blog to play along...

Saturday we woke up and headed up to Sandy Lake for the day. Kate and Mark had some friends up to the lake...7 kids 8 adults = busy busy fun. Mallory played and played--even got to her skip her nap... A two year old skipping a nap--could be a whole other blog entry in and of itself. The weather was beautiful, the water was warm, the food was yummy, it was a blast to see the kids have so much fun at the lake.

Tired yet?? We are...just wait.

Saturday night we put Mallory to bed and crawled into bed right after. I was so excited to sleep...until I got woken up every hour and a half by my daughter for no apparent reason. I woke up this morning feeling like I had a new born baby--that is how tired I was. Mallory woke up all snotty and sneezy....that answers the sleep questions.

We spent Sunday with the Eids. It was nice to see the whole family. Snotty nose and all, Mallory loved seeing her cousins and playing with her aunts, uncles, and grandma and grandpa.

I am in bed and it is only 7:35. The weekend was great...but I am exhausted. I hope my child sleeps through the night.

Oh!! I almost forgot. I have a pickle in the garden! The cucumber that is growing has made it to "pickle" size!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, 3 just means more drama and a bit more mouthy. It's great! haha Yes, I too am a blog stalker, it's so addicting! Hope your summer is going well!!