Monday, May 19, 2008

Family day at the zoo!

The three of us went to the zoo this morning and we had a blast. Mallory is crazy about dolphins and was so excited to see the dolphin show.

We headed into the dolphin show early to beat the 3000 field trippers to the great seats (that is no exaggeration when I say 3000. The zoo employee that I asked told me that's how many there were going to be...) Mallory waited so patiently for the show to start and once it did she was mesmerized. I have never enjoyed the dolphin show as much as I did today because I saw it through Mallory's eyes. She clapped and cheered and kept asking for more.

Brent was in charge of the camera during the dolphin show. Thank goodness for digital cameras. If we would have had actual film in the camera we would have had 37 pictures of the dolphin show that lasted less than 20 minutes. Brent, and I think Jaime, (correct me if I am wrong Jaime) enjoy taking animal pictures. Brent has an entire roll of pictures of alligators laying in mud in Gatorland in Florida when he went on a family trip in high school (Jaime also had her camera with and took equally exciting pictures of the same docile gators lying around. We have an entire roll of sea lion pictures when we went to Sea World. Now Brent can snap away and we can just weed out the bad ones and only print/post the good ones.
Enjoy the picture overload...
This was Mallory's face through the whole show.
She loved it!
Props to Brent on the great action shot!
A dolphin statue! CHEEEEESEEE!!!

1 comment:

Tom, Jaime, Kendra said...

It looks like everyone had a good time! Yes, it is true, I LOVE to take animal pictures! I think it's the excitement of everything. Since she likes dolphins so much, maybe you should get her one! She would be so happy (as would I)!