Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tuesday Tuesday

No pictures today.  Use your imagination…

Today, Mikayla sat at the table with her sister and her cousins like a big girl.  She used a plate instead of a tray.  She put her foot up on top of the table, rubbed a grape on the bottom of her foot and ate it.  She did this more than once.  Molly and I laughed and then I stepped in and told her it wasn’t polite to put feet on the table.

Today, Mallory, in all of her 5.5 year old wisdom yelled at an older and much bigger boy at the park.  She ranted something along the lines of “I am 5 and a 1/2 years old! and my cousin Caleb is SIX!.  We are not LITTLE!”  I had to step in and tell her that she wasn’t talking nice and I made her apologize to the big boy.  When it was all said and done, though I don’t want to raise a bratty/bossy kid, it sure was neat down-right awesome to see her stand up to someone far bigger and older than she was. 
(After talking later about the incident I guess the boy told her and Caleb that they were too little to walk on top of the tube slide and they could only crawl up the slide.  Guess no one tells Mallory that she is too small to do anything.)

Today, on the way home from Caleb’s T-ball game, Mallory asked me which cloud I thought Jesus lived on.  I told her he could live wherever she wanted him to. On that big fluffy one shaped like elephant without the trunk?  In this car? Right here on my lap? Yep, Yep, and Yep.  I said I see him living in her smile and I hear him living in the laughter that Mikayla and her share. She smiled, giggled and tickled Mikayla’s toes—”Come on Mikayla. LAUGH!”  I am not an overly outwardly religious person. I pray. I believe in signs from those who have died. I don’t attend church as often as I like.  But today, today made me realize that all you need is to do is teach that is okay to believe.  I do believe.

No comments: