Friday, August 13, 2010

I think it’s safe…

But let’s be real: I am, in no way, bragging.  But I think it is safe to let you all know that Mikayla is sleeping through the night!  We are talking 12 hours of straight sleep.  I feel like I just got done shooting an Irish Spring Soap commercial (you know how each person is in a shower almost asleep and they smell the soap and BAM they are alive with energy).  Yeah, that is me with sleep under my belt.  It took Mikayla 363 days of life on Earth to get the hang of it.  Up until that point we fed her, on average, 2-3 times a night.  That means every 4 hours she ate, around the clock.  Words can’t explain how it feels.  Nope.  I threw my prayers up to God on countless occasions…the pleading type: Dear God, please please let tonight be the night that Mikayla sleeps.  And on a few occasions I lost my cool and just sobbed.  The ugly “I am so tired all I can do is cry” cry. I was so tired.  After a round of antibiotics for her bladder infection, we saw increased symptoms of reflux so we ended up putting her on an herbal supplement that calms her GI tract. Within hours of the first dose she went to bed and slept for 7 hours.  A fluke, I thought for sure.  The next night, a full days worth of the supplement and she slept for 8.5 hours.  A fluke, has. to be.  The third night, 48 hours after starting the supplement, she slept for 12 hours straight.  She has continued for the last 8 days on this schedule. A calm has taking over me as I know that she finally has it down.  This will become our new normal and I am so ready for it.  At this point I am simply enjoying the new peace that I have knowing that when I go to sleep, I will get to sleep all night long.  Glorious sleep, how I have missed you. 

Next on our list is to figure why her tummy was bothering her so much she woke up every three hours…

No comments: