Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Weekender

The weekend has come and is almost gone as I sit and type all cozy in my bed. We had a busy weekend so it kept our mind off of Oklahoma, for the most part.

Friday afternoon Jaime came over and hung out with Mallory and I for awhile. We got to see super cute ultrasound pictures of her baby to be!!! She is due in July and we are so excited to have cousins that will only be one month apart! We ate dinner out and she got to spoil Mallory with some much deserved Auntie Jaime playtime.

Saturday morning the plan was for me to sleep in and for Gary to get Mallory up. It worked great until 7:30 when she snuck downstairs, came running into my room yelling "IT'S AVA'S BIRTHDAY PARTY TODAY!! IT'S AVA'S BIRTHDAY PARTY TODAY!!!" As you can see, Saturday afternoon we had our niece Ava's 2nd Birthday Party. I will post pictures in the next couple days--Ava is a little diva and LOVE's her accessories! It was too cute watching her attempt to blow out the candles with her sunglasses, bracelets, and necklaces on!

Sunday proved to be the hardest day for me since Brent has left. Mallory woke up extra early which left me exhausted and wanting more sleep. I ran through the morning on auto pilot, and then literally passed out when my dad offered to put Mallory down for a nap. A fire in the fireplace, a Sunday afternoon, a great lunch under my belt (literally these days), is all this pregnant lady needed to sleep for a few hours.

That is all from here. If you are reading this from Minnesota good luck in the next few days ahead as the temperatures plummet below zero... Don't be thinking about a so called someone who said the next 10 days in Oklahoma are supposed to be in the 50's....

No comments: