Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Oklahoma Bound...

Brent made it to Oklahoma, safe and sound (it took him just under 12 hours)--moved in and is getting settled. The send off was hard. I guess I had no idea how hard it would really be. Mallory seems unaffected, not really aware how long this "Oklahoma trip" is really going to be. As the day unwinds, and I know he has made the long trip I am getting better and can talk about it without getting all choked up. I wish I could blame the entire emotional roller coaster on baby 2, but come on, its me...still the same old girl who cries pretty darn easily.

Day one is done and the good news is we will never have to do day one again. He needed to leave in order to come back and now we can count down to his return. In a small way I was so ready for this day to come and go, just wanting it to be done with.

Lots of you made contact with each of us today just to see how the travels were going... From a faithful blog reader in Oklahoma and the writer in Minnesota, thanks for your thoughts and wishes and we will keep you updated on his status!

1 comment:

Amanda Jean said...

The time will fly! And when it's all said and done, you will only have proven (once again, I'm sure) to be the world's best wife. From what I can tell, you two have gone through a lot together to let this dream come true, and now you are on the last leg of the journey! How wonderful to know that in a few short months, the "Brent's Quest For A Career In Air Traffic Control" book will close forever, and you will have a few new books to write in the "Eid's Have It" series!