Monday, November 17, 2008

Santa and Jesus

It's been a busy couple of days, and during the little free time I have, I've been feeling like I should be marking something off of my holiday "to-do" list. The time between Thanksgiving and Mallory's Birthday always seems to be a flurry of busy-ness so I find myself getting a bit frazzled :)

I had to post about our most recent Mallory Moment. She woke up from her nap this afternoon and we headed into the living room to watch for Grandma's bus. As we were sitting there we started to talk about Christmas and Santa Claus. She is dead set on not liking Santa until she is 3 so, at this point, we will not be making any trip to the mall to see the jolly ol' man. We talked about what he is doing right now (living at the North Pole making toys with the elves) and what he will do the night before Christmas. As we were talking I told her about the true meaning of Christmas, instead of just the commercialized reason as to why we celebrate. I told her how Mary and Joseph were going to have a very special baby and they had to walk a long long ways to find a place to stay for the night. The next day, Christmas, Baby Jesus was born. He is a very special little baby and we celebrate Christmas by celebrating Jesus' birthday.

Wow. A birthday AND Christmas. This day can't get any better, right? WAIT...her question to me was,

"Santa isn't coming to Jesus' birthday party with us, is he??

No Mallory. We celebrate Jesus' birthday with just our family. By Christmas morning Santa is already back up at the North Pole sleeping after his very busy night.

"Good. Cause I don't like Santa, not until I'm 3."

1 comment:

Anne said...

too cute!
Funny about waiting until 3. hahaha