Monday, August 18, 2008

We got him!

After months of planning, weaving a big huge lie and keeping way too many secrets from the one person in this world I tell everything to--we pulled off a surprise party for Brent. It went smoothly, but I think he is going to question my every move for the next few months as he was truly truly shocked.
To make a long long story short, I told him we had some things to take care of with my mom and my dad appreciated if he left for the day--hehehe--he took the bait, no questions asked and left Friday night to go fishing with Will. The Jovles helped with a plan to get him home on time, as we were "supposed to meet them for dinner at 5:30"--another bite of the bait. All the planning and all my nerves had me shaking as he came up the driveway as the 30 of us waited quietly in the garage. He drove up, got out of the car, closed his door, got his bag, garbage from the lake, map that he had been studying out of the car and walked up the driveway and into the garage.
SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The look was priceless--we pulled it off!!! Best of all he loved the idea, loved the party, had a blast hanging out with everyone and we haven't stopped talking about it since. He keeps catching on to the little things that we had to say to cover our tracks. Needless to say, I am relieved its over, I never want to lie like that to Brent again. I don't think I need to throw a surprise party again.
The afternoon was filled with tons of food and games. You'll have to check out Kristen's blog for some great shots of the winners of the golf competitions--great pictures!

My favorite part of the night was the putting competition. We had a great gallery, a very exuberant commentator, plenty of heckling, a few lucky shots, lots of "ties going into the final round" and a great champion.
The gallery

Gary commentating and heckling as people putt.
Brent taking a putt with Jenny, mean competitor, waiting for her turn.
The CHAMPION-Ron beat out Brent
Great party, an even better reason to celebrate now that Brent is on his way to "goal accomplished" and I sure am glad its over :)

No comments: