Friday, August 15, 2008

Local celebrities

Brent can testify that I am a little over the top nerdy when it comes to local celebrities. I can really blame it on heredity. My Grandpa and Grandma Crandall were always commenting on the local newscasters and weathermen and women. Gary and Kate do the same thing. Just like I form opinions on which channel to watch I also feel like these local people are truly celebrities. I still remember the day I saw Bobby Jensen at LifeTime Fitness in Savage...who knows why either of were there, but still, I saw him and I called my dad and sister when I got home to tell them.

Picture courtesy of kare11.com

I would like to be friends with Belinda Jensen. Think about it; we could play tennis in the morning, watch the skies for any looming thunderstorms in the afternoon and then our kids could have a play date in the evening. What a fun day that would be. Too bad I don't know her or play tennis for that matter.

So this post obviously has some other point to it, right? It was a local celebrity sighting for me at Rainbow Foods in Woodbury this morning. Since having a toddler and being a stay at home mom, I have become a big fan of FM107.1 a great talk radio station. OH how I know this puts me in some category of old, boring, nerdy people--but I love this station. It is geared towards women and most of the time I find myself laughing out loud at the topics at hand. My favorite time of day to listen is between 3-6 to the Lori and Julia show. Well I saw Julia at Rainbow. She shops just like I do. She browsed through the magazine tabloids at the checkout line with a smirk on her face. I was certain she was looking for stories for her show later in the afternoon. If she would have been in my aisle, and my child wouldn't have been begging at my heels for a sucker (Hang on Mallory. Mommy is having a local celebrity sighting, I will get you a sucker in a minute), I would have started up a conversation with her.


Picture courtesy of fm1071.com

Oh and also, I joined Facebook today. I am all nervous if the people I asked to be my friends will accept or deny me. It sort of feels like middle school all over again. So, would you do me a favor? If I asked you to be my friend, will you please humor me and say yes?? Thanks.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Can I be the first to say it...NERD! hehehe. JK we love your little obsessions. Yeah for finally joining Facebook! I accepted you.

Amanda Jean said...

Oh my gosh, I'm not the only 107.1 nerd!!!

It's the only radio station I listen to these days.