Monday, June 23, 2008

I have a toddler.

I received a very nice compliment from my friend Jenny this weekend. She said (paraphrased) that I always have a positive attitude and outlook when it comes to blogging about my two year old. Thanks for the compliment Jenny and I won't even waste my time (or any of yours, for that matter) telling you about all of the "two year old-isms" Mallory had today. I am just going to skip right over those moments and instead, tell you about the great memories we made in between all of the other stuff...ugh it was one of those days :)

Mallory ran through the sprinkler today! She had a blast. I tried to turn the water on at full blast--which made the water shoot at least 12 feet in the air and she wasn't having it. at. all. Nope. So I turned down the water so the water was only about chin length on her. She was all over that. Running, skipping, hoping, kicking her beach ball, putting her hippo, filling her bucket, all with the sprinkler. She had so much energy--and this after refusing a nap! Gosh, what energy my two year old has.

I have pictures from the day, but they are still sitting happily in my camera. They are full of smiles and if you look closely you may even be able to hear a giggle. However, it is only 8:20 pm, and I am tired. I am spent after a full day with my "I'm remembering to love EVERY minute of her smallness as she is already growing up too fast" toddler. She starts preschool tomorrow and if I think too much about that I am brought to the opposite extreme of emotions and want to put her back in a onesie and declare her too young and innocent to go to preschool.

Onward we march through the phases of parenting and letting go (just a little bit)...

I am going to eat some chocolate, read my book, and fall asleep with my window open.

No comments: