Sunday, May 8, 2011

With this place, I will remember

Mother’s day 2011.  I have two beautiful daughters.  Mallory is five and is celebrating her last spring in preschool. Mikayla is on the bridge to turning two and, with her newly tubed ears, is attempting to communicate more and more each day.  They keep me on my toes, they make me question my actions daily, and each night I go to bed one of the luckiest women alive.  I wouldn’t be the mother I am today without my own mother’s love and strength.  She has strength that comes from the depth within that most don’t know they possess.  She fights through everyday and ends most with a smile on her face.  She does exactly what she knows to do and that is love her husband, her daughters and her granddaughters more than we could ever ask. 

In 20011, this is where I am.  My five year old loves to wear dresses that most days don’t exactly match.  She wants her toenails bright pink and she wants her hair grown out “just behind her shoulders”.  My almost two year old proudly wears a pony in her bright red hair. I love to dress her in green because I still have control over her wardrobe (I can be honest here, right?) She wants her lovey in one hand and her favorite fingers in her mouth.  I love them both from how different their personalities are all the way to their laughter, that on some days, is hard to decipher. 

This is the year that I will remember that love and strength will get us through our days.  Happy Mother’s Day!

P1080926

No comments: