Monday, November 29, 2010

Family Portrait

california

This picture was taken on a family trip to California in 1985.

My dad still has the jacket. If I were to check the cedar closet, I am sure it is still hanging on a hanger.

My sister still has her cowlick. (Don’t poke fun, we all have them.)

I still remember the shirt I was wearing. The Cabbage Patch doll on the front had real yarn braids that were yellow.

I can almost remember what my mom’s perfume smelled like.

We visited Disneyland where my sister was the 1,354,566 person to walk through the gates.  Balloons tumbled to the ground and she was granted a lifetime entrance pass into the park. No lie. (Well the number isn’t exact but close.)

My parents bought us each a Minnie Mouse stuffed animal and Mickey Mouse ears.

I could go on and on. It is in these pictures, that I really believe that a picture is worth a thousand words.

No comments: