Tuesday, July 6, 2010

30 days…

My Mikayla,

You are one month shy of one year and I cannot believe it.  In just four short weeks, against your will, we will put a birthday crown on, put a big piece of cake in front of you, and tell you to have at it…  I am a mixed bag of emotions.  I want you to stay little forever in this state of innocence.  However, on some days I long for you to walk and run and not put so much stuff in your mouth.  You keep me on my toes, as just about any morsel that is on the ground, will find its way to your little mouth.  Speaking of mouths, you are the proud owner of two new pearly white teeth.  Your bottom teeth came in this month!  I can’t wait to see how a few teeth will change your look. 

You love your daddy, playing outside, tubbies, and two naps a day.  One day I thought I would see if you were ready for just one nap.  You were a disaster and with one huge tantrum you proved to me that you still love your two naps…

You continue to be one of the fastest crawlers around.  You stand up and cruise around furniture and your favorite activity is to push your car around wherever it will take you.  You have zero desire to stand by yourself. And walking? Don’t even mention it…you are way too fast on all fours. 

You love to point.  It started with just objects you knew and now you point at everything.  When I am holding you, I am constantly labeling as you are pointing.  I am instantly brought back to when your sister was this age.  I spend a lot of my days one word at a time “ball, dog, chair, cup, dog, Mallory, Mommy…” 

You are signing like crazy!  When were visiting your grandma this past weekend, with all the busy-ness, I forgot to give you a bottle.  You came up to me and signed milk.  No fuss—just as matter of fact as it was.  I love it. You also sign for “eat, more, all-done, doggy, and tubbie”   

Enough of this letter-writing stuff, I have a baby that is growing up way too fast.  I am off to play and enjoy!

Until next month, all my love

Mommy

A month of pictures

DSC08063

LOVING the waves at the beach.

DSC07976

DSC08115

You pick up your baby and either give her a hug and kiss (see below) or pick up her foot and stick it in your mouth.  Such a sweet girl.

DSC08132

1 comment:

Tom, Jaime, Kendra said...

Happy 11 months Mikayla! It has been so fun watching you grow and change! I can't believe you are going to be 1, but the adventure will continue...