Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Remote Control

I am always asking begging for the chance to make time go a little bit slower and tonight I was handed the opportunity to put time in slow motion. 

Mallory’s preschool had a graduation ceremony and year end concert this evening.  First I must say that anytime my child is up on stage in front of me I nearly burst with pride.  The kind of pride-bursting that finds its way out by leaking out of my eyes in the form of tears.  So I watched the preschoolers march into the church.  The first group (which Mallory was a part of) all wore stripped Cat in the Hat hats.  The next group marched in with graduation caps on.  They were the stars.  At the end of the ceremony they walked across the stage, Pomp and Circumstance playing in the background, and received their preschool diplomas.  Mallory sat in the back row and watched.  I was so glad she wore a red and white striped hat, instead of one with a tassel.  Then it hit me, this is my opportunity to pause time. I still get one more year before she heads off on the big yellow bus bound for the elementary school down the street. 

I’ll share the pictures, and maybe even a little video song with a bunch of 3 and 4 year old singing about the weather, in a few days.  Tonight, I am enjoying the fact that my little girl didn’t throw her cap up in the air signaling the end of her preschool era.  For now, I am keeping time paused for as long as I possibly can.

1 comment:

Amanda Jean said...

Okay, I know what you meant, but I still had to chuckle at the visual when I read "stripped cat in the hat"