Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Splish Splash

It is great to be a parent on days like today. It is great to watch the day unfold through her eyes and her smiles. Her giggles are contagious, her excitement palpable. On days like this I sit back, watch and think to myself “how did I ever get so lucky to have such an amazing kid?” (Most of the time I have to keep these thoughts to myself, because proudly proclaiming that each day would make me slightly unlikeable.) It was one of those feel good days. Watching her laugh, splash and have fun makes it easy to enjoy being a mom.

Brent, Mallory, Molly, Caleb, Ava and I went to the Water Park of America today to celebrate spring break. It was easy to assume the kids would have fun. A giant playground coupled with water and the ability to splash all day long. What kid wouldn’t have fun? Mallory went on big kid slides, tunnels, water and all, by herself! She went down double tube slides with Brent. Not sure who had the bigger smile by the end of each run… She worked on eating a piece of pizza that was bigger then her head. But her highlight came after lunch. We walked up the stairs, all the way up the tippity top of the place to go down the “Family Tube Slide”. All 6 of us got in, held on for dear life, and went spinning and zooming down the pipe. We landed at the bottom and the first words out of Mallory’s mouth were “CAN WE DO THAT AGAIN!!!”

Brent and I agreed that today was one of the greatest days we have spent with Mallory, ever. Big statement.

A big thanks to Grandpa Gary for taking care of Mikayla today! We had Mallory all to ourselves today and we couldn’t have had more fun.

I put the pictures in slideshow form. Take a look!!



1 comment:

Molly said...

Such a fun day! Definitely a tradition it will have to be!