Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Moments

I was organizing some photos from the past 6 months as I am beginning the big task of getting Mikayla's video started. I came across this photo:

Now if this wasn't my blog, some of you may not recognize that the woman in this photo is me. Neither of us are looking at the camera, you can't make out a smile on my face. However, this photo tells a story that is worth more than a thousand words. This moment is forever burned in my memory as one of the happiest days of my life. This moment changed who I was not once, but lucky for me, twice. She was mine to care for and grow for almost 10 months. Seeing her face for the first time took my breath away. This was my last time holding her before letting go and sharing her with the rest of the world...

1 comment:

Jen said...

YOu are so great with words..just beautiful!