Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Lil' Wayne

When Kate and I were adults and starting to form our own families, my parents retired our childhood stockings opting to get nice embroidered ones made for each of the members of the family. Last year, I remember my dad pulling me aside and telling me he couldn't wait to add the newest stocking to the mantel next Christmas.
This past weekend, while my dad watched Mallory for us, Santa stopped by for a secret visit at his house and left the stockings for the two of them to hang on the mantel. My dad had ordered a stocking for Mikayla but it hadn't come in the mail yet, so in the meantime they just hung a "this will do" stocking for a few days.
My dad called my last night and said "Well the stockings for Grandma and Mikayla came in the mail. Grandma's looks great, but this is what came for Mikayla...
Looks like Mikayla earned herself a new nickname.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

What in the world!? That's hilarious! Hopefully Wayne and his family have a good sense of humor about being renamed Mikayla!!

Lexie said...

haha! that is so funny! Where did you order those stockings from? I have been looking for something like that. So cute!

Tom, Jaime, Kendra said...

Are you sure your dad spelt it right on the order? Sometimes you enter something and when you go to order it, it some how miraculously changes! Oh well, we can call her Wayne, if that is what Santa is going to call her!