Monday, February 9, 2009

Great food and great friends = Great Day

We had a great weekend! I tagged along with the Jovles on Friday and we went over to see John and Kristen's new baby Ellie. Talk about adorable! From what I can remember I have never seen a blond haired little baby and she was so cute. I held her, snuggled her and they even let me feed her! I filled my baby tank and left not being able to believe that we are going to have one of those in just a few quick months...


Saturday, Gary brought Mallory down to Shakopee so she could spend some time with Justin while Kristen and I enjoyed some girl time. What a guy Justin is! He took Mallory on some errands, got her lunch and even helped her make some sort of Valentine's Day surprise that Brent and I will open on Saturday. She had so much fun. She wanted nothing to do with me and only wanted to hang with Justin. By the time the day was over she was so tired she cried until she fell asleep on the way home. She kept saying "I don't want to leave. I don't want to leave." Kristen's Blog shows a pretty funny picture of how tired Justin was after their fun day, though he is too manly to admit that he was tired from his adventures with a three year old...


Kristen and I thoroughly enjoyed strawberry pancakes for breakfast and then headed back to their house to make wontons. They were delicious, however I am afraid to ask her if her house still smells like peanut oil.


Wrapping and frying the wontons





We were successful at keeping the wontons from busting open in the oil which made us feel like superstars, but the oil got so carried away that the smoke alarms went off. Kristen did a great job fanning the smell away, but not before it scared poor Conner.



Don't mind the dumb look on my face, I was comforting Conner. If my lap was a little bit bigger he would have climbed up on it to be held. Poor guy, look at his little tucked tail :)



Thanks for the great day!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

hehe what a fun day...the house will forever smell like oil but it was worth it!