Monday, November 10, 2008

No more counting sheep...

After an interesting journey of sore backs, obnoxious salesmen, embarrassing moments, and countless attempts at relaxing, we finally settled on a mattress. Ahhhh sweet slumbers to come--hopefully.

The mattress was going to be delivered this morning between 10 and 12. We all know how that goes. You make yourself home between the time of "scheduled" delivery only to find yourself waiting well beyond the slotted time, to a delivery showing up right in the middle of nap time-say around 1:30. Well that's what I thought was going to happen--but I was pleasantly surprised. Mallory and I headed out the door at 8:15 to go to the laundromat with all of our current bedding to wash it up before the new bed arrived. This laundromat was something else--and in a not so good way. Lots of broken washers and dryers. Random dryer doors laying around. Missing equipment which lead to a very uninviting visual of what happens to the dirty water that comes out of the washing machines. I chose two relatively newer appliances and we got our washing done. By the time the $5.00 cycle was over I pulled out the blankets only to find them dripping wet with water and so heavy I could barely make it to the dryer. I knew the dryer wouldn't accomplish much, but I thought I'd kill the 30 minutes I had to take the wet edge off. We packed up the van with our fresh, but wet, smelling laundry and made the 2 mile, quick drive home. Unfortunately, that "time window" got the better of the mattress people and they were waiting in my driveway 15 minutes before the scheduled time. Why even make a window of time if you can't land within it?

Regardless, we got our mattress, put all the bedding on it, and we can't wait to doze off to sleep, only hoping we don't have to take advantage of the comfort guarantee left only to go back to the stores and try try again...

No comments: